Fourth of July Party Guide
The Fourth of July is just around the corner, and I want to share some of my favorite holiday traditions and party tips for you! Whether you are hosting your own backyard BBQ or figuring out something to bring to a friend’s party, here are all my favorite ideas for parties on the Fourth.
Fourth of July Drink Recipe
Every year for the Fourth of July I like to hollow out a watermelon and use is as a festive drink dispenser. Here’s a recipe that uses watermelon and makes for a lovely summery drink!
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 24 oz. Bacardi Lime
- 9 oz. watermelon liqueur
- 9 oz. lime juice
- 6 oz. simple syrup
- 1 bottle of club soda
- Create a base for the watermelon by shaving off the bottom of the melon. This will give your watermelon a flat base and keep it from rolling around.
- Cut the top off of the other end of the watermelon and scoop out the interior to hollow out the watermelon.
- Combine the Bacardi Lime, watermelon liqueur, lime juice, and simple syrup (listed above) into a pitcher and stir to mix.
- Add ice to the watermelon to keep cool.
- Pour your mixed drink into the watermelon.
- Use a ladel to serve up drinks into individual glasses.
- Add 1 oz. club soda to each drink to make perfectly fizzy.
- Top off with watermelon wedges, umbrellas, or whatever drink topper you like and enjoy!
Need some other Fourth of July recipes? Check out more patriotic party recipes HERE.
Fourth of July Outfits
Dressing up for the Fourth of July is always fun! You can usually find me by the beach on Independence Day, so I love to find a fun swimsuit (usually red) to wear for the day.
Here are some more outfit ideas for the Fourth:
A red OFF-THE-SHOULDER TOP and RELAXED JEANS is a chic way to dress up denim. Take it a step further with matching RED BOOTS.
Hanging poolside this Fourth of July? Find a cute STRIPED BIKINI, and don’t forget a pair of SASSY SUNGLASSES too!
If you prefer to keep your holiday look casual and ready for anything, I recommend a fun WHITE CROP TEE, CUT-OFFS, and a red BELT BAG for a subtle take on the red, white and blue look!
A POLKA DOT DRESS is always a fun and feminine option! This exact dress is sold out, but THIS ONE and THIS ONE are also perfect choices for the holiday!
You cannot go wrong with a simple RED SWIMSUIT. And HERE is a great red lipstick to match your eye-catching ensemble!
What are your Fourth of July plans? Comment below with your favorite holiday tradition!