The Fourth of July is just around the corner, and I want to share some of my favorite holiday traditions and party tips for you! Whether you are hosting your own backyard BBQ or figuring out something to bring to a friend’s party, here are all my favorite ideas for parties on the Fourth.
Fourth of July Drink Recipe
Every year for the Fourth of July I like to hollow out a watermelon and use is as a festive drink dispenser. Here’s a recipe that uses watermelon and makes for a lovely summery drink!
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 24 oz. Bacardi Lime
- 9 oz. watermelon liqueur
- 9 oz. lime juice
- 6 oz. simple syrup
- 1 bottle of club soda
- Create a base for the watermelon by shaving off the bottom of the melon. This will give your watermelon a flat base and keep it from rolling around.
- Cut the top off of the other end of the watermelon and scoop out the interior to hollow out the watermelon.
- Combine the Bacardi Lime, watermelon liqueur, lime juice, and simple syrup (listed above) into a pitcher and stir to mix.
- Add ice to the watermelon to keep cool.
- Pour your mixed drink into the watermelon.
- Use a ladel to serve up drinks into individual glasses.
- Add 1 oz. club soda to each drink to make perfectly fizzy.
- Top off with watermelon wedges, umbrellas, or whatever drink topper you like and enjoy!
Need some other Fourth of July recipes? Check out more patriotic party recipes HERE.
Fourth of July Outfits
Dressing up for the Fourth of July is always fun! You can usually find me by the beach on Independence Day, so I love to find a fun swimsuit (usually red) to wear for the day.
Here are some more outfit ideas for the Fourth:
What are your Fourth of July plans? Comment below with your favorite holiday tradition!