How To Make Ravioli With Chef Luciano Pellegrini of Crateful
Homemade pasta is easier to make than you might think. Even though this dish is a bit time consuming, it is a the perfect meal to make for a special dinner with friends. James Beard Award-winning chef Luciano Pellegrini showed me how to make a delicious ravioli with porcini and truffle. Try this dish out at your New Year’s Eve dinner party.
RAVIOLI WITH PORCINI AND TRUFFLE
- 1 lb. all purpose flour
- 5 Large eggs
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 8 oz burrata
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. sliced garlic
- 8 oz porcini mushrooms (or other if unavailable)
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1 tbs. truffle butter
- 6 sage leaves
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbs. parmesan
- salt and pepper
- fresh black truffle for garnish
TOOLS TO USE
- Put eggs with flour and turmeric in mixer with dough hook attachment.
- Mix until dough begins to form.
- Kneed until elastic with a smooth texture.
- Let rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Roast garlic with butter and EVOO in a sauté pan over medium fire.
- Add sliced mushrooms and braise for 5 minutes (or till tender) covered.
- Season and pulse in food processor.
- Add burrata and parmesan cheese.
- Check flavor and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Put stuffing in a pastry bag.
- Flatten pieces of dough with a rolling pin till it’s as thin as the thickest setting on your pasta roller attachment, then roll through pasta machine (keep pasta dusted with flour to prevent it from sticking to rollers) until you have a sheet about 1/32 of an inch thin (roll pasta twice through each setting, usually #6 of kitchenaid pasta attachment is ideal for stuffed pasta).
- Cut pasta sheets into manageable length, deposit about a tsp of stuffing on pasta about 2” apart.
- With a pastry brush, wet the edges and in between each stuffing mound as if you were painting a grid.
- Cover with a slightly larger pasta sheet aligning the edges, then seal pasta around porcini mix using a cupped towel.
- Use a pastry cutter with fluted or straight wheel to cut in between ravioli, then pick up each raviolo and seal around the edges with your fingers.
- Have boiling salted water standing by and drop ravioli in.
- When they resurface, drain and put in sauce.
- Roast crushed garlic clove and sage in butter, when light brown add cream and season.
- Bring to a boil and add ravioli, then sprinkle parmesan cheese.
- Plate and top with sliced fresh black truffle.
HOW TO MAKE PASTA:
Video by: www.kykenyon.com
About Chef Luciano Pellegrini and Crateful
Specializing in creating delicious, perfectly balanced meals using only the highest quality ingredients, Chef Luciano Pellegrini works with an experienced team of nutritionists to create wholesome, individualized meal options. All dishes are prepared daily to maintain the delicate farm to table palette while remaining wholly nutritional and deliciously maintainable. Crateful offers four distinct menu options with the ability to provide personalized plans based on dietary restrictions including gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free options.