It’s time to fiesta, everyone! Cinco De Mayo is this Saturday, and it is the perfect opportunity to gather your friends and throw a Cinco De Mayo party, complete with spicy food and fresh margs.
Here are my favorite recipes to make for a Cinco De Mayo celebration. Try them out so you can host your own party!
Elotes Callejeros (Grilled Corn)
- 2 cans of corn
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Bush’s black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Bush’s pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bush’s cannellini beans
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, do not drain
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, finely chopped1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1-2 avocados (optional)
Get the recipe to make this bean tip HERE!
Make Your Own Taco Bar
- Ground Turkey, cooked with a packet of taco seasoning
- Grilled Chicken
- Soft Taco Shells
- Hard Taco Shells
- Toppings of your choice!
Spice Things Up With Tajin
I love spicing up my fruit! Sprinkle on some Tajin spice to a fruit salad for an extra kick of flavor.
- Sugar cookies (follow the packaging instructions)
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Jalapeno, small
- 1 tbsp Agave
- 2 oz Lime juice, fresh
- 1 oz Orange juice, fresh
- 4 oz Don Julio Tequila
- Tajin for around the rim!
Learn how to make the margaritas HERE!