Chopped Salad Recipe
There’s nothing better than a fresh chopped salad for lunch! I love chopped salads because not only are they healthy, but they’re actually filling as well.
Here is my go-to recipe for a delicious chopped salad:
- 1 large head of iceberg lettuce
- 3-4 chopped hard boiled egg
- 1 cup of diced bacon
- 1 cup of corn off the cob
- 1 cup of blue cheese
- 2 sliced heirloom tomatoes
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- (Optional) protein of your choice: chicken, shrimp, steak, salmon, tofu, etc.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, salt, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the lettuce and cut into 6-8 cups and place into a large bowl.
- Combine the hard boiled eggs, bacon, corn, blue cheese and tomatoes with the lettuce.
- Add in any additional protein of your choosing.
- Toss with the dressing and enjoy!
Try this recipe out yourself and let me know what you think!